Figure is a class of physique competition judged equally on symmetry, tone, and beauty/stage presence. Athletes wear two-piece figure suit; thongs or T-back bottoms are not allowed. The suit may be embellished with rhinestones, sparkles, or sequins for added effect. High-heeled shoes are required. Jewelry and body piercing is allowed, but must not be offensive or obscure the physique.
Competitors are judged in 2 rounds:
- Symmetry takes into account balance and proportion; figures should be symmetrically balanced with no one body part overpowering the rest of the figure.
- Tone focuses on good muscle tone; leanness and muscle development is expected, however competitors must not be over conditioned as in the Bodybuilding or Fit Body divisions.
Stage Walk & Presentation may be used to break a tie
- Two piece Figure or posing suit that crosses over and attaches in the back.
- The two-piece suit must be in good taste — thongs or T-back bottoms are not allowed.
- The suit may be adorned with rhinestones, sparkles, sequins, etc for added effect.
- Jewelry is permitted; body jewelry (piercing) is allowed, so long as it is not offensive.
- Jewelry such as earrings, necklace, bracelets may be worn, but should not obscure the physique of be in poor taste.
- The Head Judge has the right to deduct 1 point if the above requirements are not followed.
- 5” heels required
- Platforms no higher than 1″ (widest part)
- Straps or strapless allowed
Quarter Turn Poses / Mandatory Poses
Figure Walk Pattern
The athletes T-walk will be performed after the mandatory poses are complete, the class will be lined up at the back of the stage, where one at a time each athlete will walk up and do their T-Walk and then return to the end of the line.
You will execute the mandatory poses at four locations:
- 1st Location: Rear Center stage – (front pose)
- 2nd Location: Front Right side of stage – (side pose facing center stage)
- 3rd Location: Front Center stage – (front & rear pose)
- 4th Location: Front Left Side of stage – (side pose facing center stage)