Physique Division competitors are lean, fit and muscular, yet do not have the muscle mass or extreme leanness required for the Bodybuilding Division.
Competitors are judged in 2 rounds:
- Symmetry & Muscle Tone – judges are looking for is a lean, fit, muscular physique that is balanced and aesthetically pleasing. Athletes should be groomed properly, possess a small waist, and have a good V- taper from the shoulders to the obliques.
- Presentation – competitors are judged for their male fitness model qualities. Grooming, and overall aesthetic presentation are taken into consideration as judges look for the best overall package.
A competitor holding too much muscle mass may be scored down
- Board Shorts Men’s Physique competition attire should be conventional board shorts with inseams no shorter than 6 inches and no longer than 11 inches.
- The waistband should fit no lower than 3 inches below the navel.
- The legs of the shorts should fit appropriately to accentuate the athlete’s physique.
Quarter Turn Poses / Mandatory Poses
Side Pose (Both Sides)
Men’s Physique Walk Pattern
The athletes T-walk will be performed after the mandatory poses are complete, the class will be lined up at the back of the stage, where one at a time each athlete will walk up and do their T-Walk and then return to the end of the line.
You will execute poses at four locations:
- 1st Location: Rear Center stage (front pose)
- 2nd Location: Front Right side of stage (side pose facing center stage)
- 3rd Location: Front Center stage (front & rear pose)
- 4th Location: Front Left Side of stage (side pose facing center stage)